Blue Stripe Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMainSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters

Go down 
4 posters

Beaming, Inertial Dampeners, and Shields, Or No?
Just Shields
Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_lcap17%Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Just Beaming
Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_lcap0%Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Just Inertial Dampeners
Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_lcap0%Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Beaming
Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_lcap33%Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Shields and Beaming
 0% [ 0 ]
Inertial Dampeners and Beaming
 0% [ 0 ]
Shields and Inertial Dampeners
Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_lcap17%Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
None At All
Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_lcap33%Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters Empty
PostSubject: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyThu Oct 09, 2008 2:43 am

OK, everybody. In BSG, they have no shields, no inertial dampeners, and no beaming technology, where as Stargate does. Which is the best? A more dark, realistic feel, with no beaming or shields, or shields and beaming?

Quote :
The count as of now, is 1/3 for just shields, 1/3 for All, and 1/3 for shields and inertial dampeners. Thanks for voting guys and gals Very Happy
This really helps because this'll tell me how the average joe... and you guys, respond to this kind of sci-fi Razz

Last edited by Dex on Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double Post)
Back to top Go down
http://the-new-sg1.forummotion.com
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:18 am

I prefer nothing at all. I like that "omg omg omg! were all so screwed, no hope of wining" and then kicking ass feeling!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 12:50 am

Indeed Razz
Also, without Inertial Dampeners, we can have that whole "YEEEEEEEEEEAH! We are all over the place, we are flyin' like CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY, tumbling all over the cockpit!!!" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jason_Vandez
Official Poster
Official Poster
Jason_Vandez

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 3:55 am

I think it depends on the mood of the show. BSG plays it extremely well, whereas the mood generally of Stargate is much different, and really couldn't pull off that much realism I don't think
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 4:18 am

Well, the kind of mood I'm shooting for is close to Stargate: Atlantis, but make it my own, you know?
Back to top Go down
Jason_Vandez
Official Poster
Official Poster
Jason_Vandez

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 10:12 pm

I would personally just go with shields. It's such a generic sci-fi thing nowadays, by just going with shields you can't be ripping anyone off. Like, there's no way you can rip a show off just by using shields as long as you're not like: "Yeah, these are Asgard shields" lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyFri Oct 10, 2008 10:55 pm

LOL, I suppose so. I may do this, I may do that... Because I do have ANOTHER announcement. For the (UMPTEENTH) time, I'm altering it again. And those of you who know the plot already, please don't reveal quite yet Wink
Back to top Go down
Jon Valo
Rookie
Rookie
Jon Valo

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyTue Oct 21, 2008 8:38 pm

they have to have inertial dampners in things like stargate, star wars, star trek because the ships use hyperspace travel where they enter subspace and travel faster than light, and if they had none traveling that fast would mean the crew all over the windscreen just like breaking in a car, but BSG they just jump instantly from one point in space to another so they maintain the relative positions so it works perfectly which is why BSG kicks ass!

And yes i have returned, had lots of shiz going on but now i am back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jason_Vandez
Official Poster
Official Poster
Jason_Vandez

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 3:48 pm

YAY BACK! I totally agree with your comment though. That's what I mean, totally different means of travel, and totally different moods of the show.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:45 pm

Thanks for the comments and welcome back Jon Valo Very Happy
I think I'm going with none of the above so far (pertaining to the poll's question), and just going with cold hard ships. Maybe lasers, I haven't decided on those yet. But if I did have them, they would be small things like for example, Wraith Stunners or Ronon's gun.
Back to top Go down
Jon Valo
Rookie
Rookie
Jon Valo

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:36 pm

I like the fact that the 302's still use bullets and missiles in combat, not lasers, gives it that still earth tech feel with a pace twist..
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:40 pm

I will DEFINITELY be keeping physical armaments for humans no matter what, that was the plan from the very beginning. The 302s use what's called a KEW, or a Kinetic Energy Weapon. Personally, I like the concept of the Ram Accelerator (check out its wiki) better because it feels more real, because we may have it some day, such as Scram Cannons or Ram Accelerator Rifles.
Back to top Go down
Jon Valo
Rookie
Rookie
Jon Valo

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 11:41 pm

the cylon raiders use KEW's too amirite?
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters EmptyThu Oct 23, 2008 2:18 am

Indeed you are. I was thinking more though of the fact that the Death Gliders use staff weapons and 302s (which are the ballz (you heard me)) use physical rounds with their KEWs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters   Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters Empty

Back to top Go down

Shields, Inertial Dampeners, and Teleporters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Stripe Studios :: Archives :: Unofficial :: Off Topic-
Jump to: