Blue Stripe Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMainSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top 5 Favorite Animes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Top 5 Favorite Animes Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 8:37 am

K, I'll give you guys and gals the list of my top five favorite anime, with a description or gist of what it's about, here we go...

1. Death Note-This one's about a seventeen year old, Japanese boy who finds a book owned by a Shinigami (Japanese for death god) and realizes if you write the name of anyone, in forty seconds, they are killed by a heart attack, unless you right the cause of death by the name. The boy that finds it, Light, observed by the Shinigami who previously owned the book, Ryuk, uses it to, "cleanse," the world of crime and, "judge," the criminals under the name Kira. Light is a certified genius and that only adds to the show. The show is a psychological and action thriller about an insane, yet genius detective, who has solved every crime he has come across, and their fight against one another. The ending is not happy, but it is well done and stays to what they had, so watch it!

2. Full Metal Panic (the first, second, and third series)-It's an anime about a soldier named Sergent Sousuke Sagara. He works for a special forces unit who specialize in a large variety of combat and operations. He is sent to Japan to help a girl who is one of what they call, "The Whispered." Inside the whispered' genetic memory, holds an entire database of Black Tech, a technology used to make the Lambda Driver. Each series is about Sagara trying to protect her from the terrorist organizations that want the Lambda Driver and the tech behind it. In the first season, it's smart, real smart with what they do, the second is a lot of modern comedy, and the third is dark, smart, and VERY VIOLENT, including two up close shots of a throat being cut in the entire season, it has giant robots Very Happy and guns, weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Neon Genesis: Evangelion-An extremely dark, creepy, and pretty blasphemies (toward the Christian faith) anime (with giant robots) about the year 2015, the city Tokyo 3, and mankind's fight against, "the angels," and their goal to create a third impact on Earth. It's pretty creepy and pretty gory, considering the robots are... well I can't say much without giving away the series.
WARNING: The series includes violence, and sexual themes. The movie includes a nude scene, so stay clear if you don't want to see that kind of stuff.

4. Ghost Stories-A sucky anime in the Japanese version, but in the English dub, it's completely different, extremely hilarious! Very Happy Half the crew of Full Metal Panic did this, and it's just great, completely different from the Japanese version. It's about a group of fifth graders who send ghosts and spirits to spiritual sleep through the main character's, mother's diary. It's funny, so take a look Wink

5. Gundam 00-An anime about a vigilante group called spacial being or something, who have a goal to eliminate war by destroying all weapons, and the tools the others are using for war. It's another giant robot anime, but what can I say, they're cool. Anywho, it's not complete and is still airing in Japan, so subs are gonna happen, but check it out, none the less.

So, that's the list of my top five favorite anime...
*Jaws music for no reason*

P.S. This list is for the series, not the fan base or merchandise, that stuff can get pretty weird.
Back to top Go down
http://the-new-sg1.forummotion.com
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 9:27 am

1. .hack//sign
2. Halle Nutchie Guu (the jungle was good then came Guu)
3. Sailor Moon
4. n/a
5. n/a
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 9:57 am

I never payed attention to Sailor Moon at all, it came from the 80's, but I still ignore it for some reason Razz
But .hack is UBER too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 10:04 pm

lol sailor moon is bad ass! its a wonderful show! just skip season 1...it was made for kids lol
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 10:15 pm

*readies uber deep and dramatic voice*
In the world of school girl uniform wearing dark stuff fighting women, there is one girl, no, one SAILOR!
GAH!!! Don't ever make me do that again! Sad
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 4:32 pm

1.GUNDAM 0079-Now.
I've seen all but seed and Turn A. Seed is a flashy nock off of the original.
Here is the best info you can get about the original show and story.
Gundam the 08th MS Team In my opinion was the best though.

2. Cowboy Bebop
Another Sunrise show, this one was funny, sad, action packed, sexy, and.. ed... The little girl named Ed was my favorite Char.C-B Background

3. Trigun
Also from Sunrise, this show is F**king insane with funny! Loads of action, it has it's sad parts, and a great story. Trigun Wiki

4. Dragon Ball, all the shows, Dunno why but I just happen to really like this show, lots of fighting and the Mangaka's are even better!

5. Kenshin, the show was fun to watch and it has allot of combat, if u've ever seen the JAP version there is loads of blood and gore, the Movie Samurai X made me cry so hard though. the end was so beautiful with Kenshin and Kuarou dieing together under the Sakura tree's.

The others would be FLCL and Blue Gender.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 11:16 pm

Cameron Mitchell wrote:
*readies uber deep and dramatic voice*
In the world of school girl uniform wearing dark stuff fighting women, there is one girl, no, one SAILOR!
GAH!!! Don't ever make me do that again! Sad

actually its like, 5 princesses.....or we can say 9 princesses and a royal pain in the butt!

but ya later it gets into lesbian warrior battles... but for those of us who aren't interested in the female anatomy the battle scenes in the japanese versions are bad ass! hehe ^_^.

School girls by day, warriors by night... its really cool...

to dex: omg....db series....they take like what....4 episodes to finally do one attack... and 3 seasons to just have 1 hours worth of storyline...
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes EmptyTue Feb 19, 2008 12:30 am

Dragon Ball did drag out the stuffs a bit, but it was decent at least Very Happy
Kenshin and Bebop, I can't believe I forgot about those two!!!
P.S. Has anyone seen Death Note? It's good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Favorite Animes   Top 5 Favorite Animes Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Favorite Animes
Page 1 of 1