Blue Stripe Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMainSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ahh, good morning campers!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lt. Colonel John Sheppard
Admin
Admin
Lt. Colonel John Sheppard

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Ahh, good morning campers! Empty
PostSubject: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:26 am

Hey kids!

Yes thats right the Shep is back Razz

Wow its good to be home with my favourite guys on the net Razz and gals (amy) I would like to say thank you all for sticking with SGEH and the amazing support, Rodney, Dex fantastic job and thankyou to everyone again! I must say i have missed you all greatly!

I have been working extremely hard for my final 2 years of school, i am achieving amazing results and doing great. I have been doing some work on sgeh on the quite in my spare time. I will post some screenshots soon. I have been working on the HL2 Engine, I have developed many ships from the show for Gmod 10, and am creating SGEH Single Player for HL2 ! It has the original SG1 and goauld its coming along fantasticaly! lol.

If anyone has any questions or just wants to say hi send a pm to me or add Joel_Davison1991@msn.com and say hi Very Happy I'd love to hear from you!

Anyway i am not one for long speaches, so.

Thanks

Lt. Colonel Sheppard

-On Duty-
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 10:50 am

Hey man glad to see your back! So, are we moving the MOD to HL2 completely? Cuz thats a whole new ball game for me.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/
Gr3yZon3
Rookie
Rookie
Gr3yZon3

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 2:49 pm

piece of advice if u are moving to hl2 i wouldnt bother :S

there are quite a few stargate mods on hl2 that are in beta already also it doesnt matter how good you guys are i do believe that stargate the last stand will be the premiere stargate mod for any engine and it is coming along nicely but if u do decide to continue on hl2 i would of course still test ure mod when it is released but if u want to venture into a new engine may i suggest the cry engine or the new unreal engine as those engines are not pacted with stargate mods already

i say this with the utmost respect for you guys and gals but if u go to hl2 u wont get the backing you would probably deserve due to overcrowding

for example atm just released is a mod called stargate legacy now this isnt the most technical mod but its really fun. also stargate TC2 has just been released i dont have good things to say about this mod tho :S sum like others dont

and there is about 5 other mods that are in development and are aiming for release asap

but if u guys are still gonna ignore my advice may i suggest that u team up with a mod in production already for example i do know that stargate legacy are seriously desperat for modlersand coders are alwas needed also check out stargate the last stand as it wont be released for a while so they may also need some help

anyway thats my 2 cents for what its worth

EDIT:just got me thinking after i posted this that there is 1 gap in the market for stargate mods on the half life 2 engine and that is single player mods all the mods on hl2 currently have an idea to do a sp mod aswell as mp but all of the mods want mp released 1st so the gap in the market is single players story mod for stargate
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:17 pm

If only we could do a SP mode, with Co-op. Kinda like SGW... Would be kool, I'd still wish Wade would have kept working on the DoomGate mod... It looked so pretty....
Back to top Go down
Gr3yZon3
Rookie
Rookie
Gr3yZon3

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 11:05 pm

sp co op is possible on hl2 engine i think but dont quote me on that
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 5:56 am

Grayzone, We have been looking into the other mods and there all lacking in a few things. We will be adding stuff they won't be ect. Also we have great minds on our team who aren't afraid to think of great maps/ideas. Also we are making it for RP purpises as well as multi-player/solo play. So we will be a bit different ^_^.

Also Dex and Shep are AMAZING mappers as you can see. Now most of there limitations will be lifted. We will see AMAZING things.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

Number of posts : 1364

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:00 pm

If team garry can make a co-op map setup, so can we, with time. Time is the only thing we need, time to learn what we need to, time to gather what we need, and time to cram it all into a mod that will throw every SG mod in existence, to the ground, and kick it in the teeth repeatedly like a mugging. Sorry guys, it's been an all nighter. But I've got big news to release soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://the-new-sg1.forummotion.com
Gr3yZon3
Rookie
Rookie
Gr3yZon3

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 6:26 pm

so is it confirmed that u will be moving to the source engine?

and yes the other stargate mods on source engine are lacking summat
but like i have said stargate the last stand will be rectifying this as that mod looks quality not to say yours wouldnt and tbh if u are moving to the source engine i may through a custom map your way when it is released as i am also a part time mapper on source engine but i am not affiliated to any mod

so all that is left to say is good luck in the new venture and hope u get up to speed quick Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:13 pm

Thanks for your support and Yes we are moving but it doesn't mean Dex and who ever else will STOP making JKA maps. Its totally up to them and will not be frowned upon or forced lol. we can still do both.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:44 pm

As for now I'm stuck on Q3 till I get my compy fixed... grr... So I'll continue on with JKA till I can learn the Source Engine... And even then I'll still work on this version because not everyone can play HL2. Smile
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:49 pm

true hehe. But don't be scared to make some maps for hl2 dex. Alot of your brainstorming ideas can be played out dramatically in source hehe ^_^
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 pm

Indeed... And Maybe Cam will finally get his Supergate map.. lol
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 1:11 am

XD ya XD I wonder if our ships will fit the super gate....I will ask shep ^_^
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 am

If they don't, we can just disassemble them on one side, send it through, then reassemble, lol. As for JKA, until I get Garry's mod down, I'd like to still keep getting textures and such for our JKA division. Basically the lazy crap I've been doing so far Wink
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 am

lmao also for the bigger ships that don't we might be able to make hyper space jump points.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:24 am

We could change jumps to what BSG does. With transporters, we just say that they move faster than light, but in hyperspace.
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 5:12 am

well with jump points I mean like we get to a marked location and it triggers a telleport with cool graphics and it can be considered going hyperspace like on the show lol
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 5:16 am

That's a better idea Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahh, good morning campers!   Ahh, good morning campers! Empty

Back to top Go down

Ahh, good morning campers!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Stripe Studios :: Archives :: News!-
Jump to: