Blue Stripe Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMainSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A few SGEH V1 Questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rassilon
Rookie
Rookie
Rassilon

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-10-12

A few SGEH V1 Questions Empty
PostSubject: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 10:13 pm

1. I noticed that some of the maps are missing their ARENA files. Fortunatly, I have some of the original maps with their ARENA files. Will it affect anything in the mod if I replace some of the maps with versions that have ARENA files?
2. Some of the maps in the mod have missing textures. Again, I have some of the originals without missing textures. Will this harm the mod in anyway?
3. Some maps you have in there are totaly redundent when you consider the better versions that are selectable. (I didn't know that there was an improved version of Caspers atlantis map untill I got this file). If they arn't on the map list (ck_atlantis *shudders*) then why are they included? Was it for textures or some other reason?
4. Some stargate maps that were avaliable from eliteroleplaying don't even appear in this mod. (Furling Star Terminal and Stargate Beta Site v0.7).
I have them already but why werent they included?
5. On the better Atlantis map that is selectable, there arn't any puddlejumpers. Is this the same puddlejumper that came with lord_rives sucky sgaja map or some better version? If so, how come they won't show up in the jumper bay for me?

Basically, there is alot in this mod that can be fixed, cleaned up or even neatened.

I can amke ARENA files if you like. Is just when I opened the folder, there was lots of unnesscery stuff, unless it all actually does play a purpose aswell as the stuff that actually does work.

PS: The tollana map wasn't even made for JKA. It was made for ST: Elite Force. So why that was included is a mystery to me.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2008-01-09

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 11:58 pm

Not being apart of the technical part of the team (not including actual science), I don't know the answers to any of those except for the one about Tollana. I've done this many a time, perhaps we picked up a map for the same engine, thinking that it would be operable on our game, but I'm not sure. Maybe Dex found a way to convert the maps to our format, but this one just didn't go through or something. Regardless, sorry for the confusion Bill Smile If anything, we're still a work in progress Wink
Back to top Go down
http://the-new-sg1.forummotion.com
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:02 am

ummmmmmm We are NOT part of ERP and don't use ANY of there maps... you have also stated a bunch of maps I have no idea of, are you sure you didn't have them before you installed our mod?

"Some maps you have in there are totaly redundent when you consider the
better versions that are selectable. (I didn't know that there was an
improved version of Caspers atlantis map untill I got this file)."

Are you saying our map of atlantis is Casper's? Cause if you are then your wrong. Ours was made by Shepard and Dex. So don't start any rumors please.

"On the better Atlantis map that is selectable, there arn't any
puddlejumpers. Is this the same puddlejumper that came with lord_rives
sucky sgaja map or some better version? If so, how come they won't show
up in the jumper bay for me?"

Shep was planning on useing the sucky ones until a better one was made but he never got around to adding them. He was waiting for another map to be made that was all about space battles. He scrapped this idea when school became his priority.

As for helping feel free to pm dex about that ^_^.

hope this clears things up a bit...
Back to top Go down
Rassilon
Rookie
Rookie
Rassilon

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:25 am

Princess AmyRose wrote:
ummmmmmm We are NOT part of ERP and don't use ANY of there maps... you have also stated a bunch of maps I have no idea of, are you sure you didn't have them before you installed our mod?

There is the pk3 file for the Stargate Epsilon Site map but no ARENA file. Stargate Epsilon Site was made for Eliteroleplaying.
Also Battle Over Antartica has folders for Nivalis aswell as its level botroute and levelshot. Nivalis was made before eliterp.com became eliteroleplaying.com

Princess AmyRose wrote:
"Some maps you have in there are totaly redundent when you consider the
better versions that are selectable. (I didn't know that there was an
improved version of Caspers atlantis map untill I got this file)."

Are you saying our map of atlantis is Casper's? Cause if you are then your wrong. Ours was made by Shepard and Dex. So don't start any rumors please.

So your saying that the layout for Shep and Dex's atlantis map is exactly the same as Caspers Atlantis 052 by accident, minus the outside of the main tower orthe new textures and changed table and chair models. I find that hard to believe. Not saying it was wrong since Caspers map was riddled with errors.

Princess AmyRose wrote:
"On the better Atlantis map that is selectable, there arn't any
puddlejumpers. Is this the same puddlejumper that came with lord_rives
sucky sgaja map or some better version? If so, how come they won't show
up in the jumper bay for me?"

Shep was planning on useing the sucky ones until a better one was made but he never got around to adding them. He was waiting for another map to be made that was all about space battles. He scrapped this idea when school became his priority.

As for helping feel free to pm dex about that ^_^.

hope this clears things up a bit...

All I'm saying is, the files could have used a little tidying up rather then having to depend on redundent mods for textures, scripting etc.
The pk3 files for all the new maps, weapons or whatever could've been edited to include textures, sfx, levelshots any other file that the new stuff uses, instead of shipping the mod with redundent pk3 files that don't get used by the mod anyway.

Last edited by Will C. Bishop on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:29 am

As I've said before, we're a work in progress, I'm afraid. Not to mention we're understaffed. That's your answer to you final statement.
As for the rest, if I remember correctly, Dex and Sheppard mentioned in a post before, that they used screenies of Casper's map as REFERENCES. They never went in and edited, they only saw how he did it and built on it I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong, Amy.
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:36 am

The Atlantis was a complete remake. They did NOT use his map at all except maybe as a VISUAL reference. Dex WORKED with Casper a few times yes but things tend to look the same after a while when its based off of a room on a tv show... you really can't change things around if you want it to be accurate... again I have no idea how the ERP maps go into your game unless Dex added them into the patch.

Last edited by Princess AmyRose on Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the word VISUAL after reference)
Back to top Go down
Rassilon
Rookie
Rookie
Rassilon

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 1:30 am

No. They wern't in the patch.

Lets drop this though.

I kinda do copyright assurence for a living. Sometimes I tend to take my work home with me. You've got to admit though. Side by side, apart from new textures and models, Dex's and Caspers maps are practically identical, regardless of being based of a fictional room in a TV show.

And the Stargate Epsilon pk3? Well, the edited version with missing textures and no ARENA file so it isn't selectable was in the SGEHv1 pack that you put up for download. I know this because:

A. I had just reinstalled JKA for this mod
B. I have the unedited version as a backup in a folder
C. I had installed, played, and removed the unedited version before installing SGEHv1.

Would be nice to see Dex's take on this.

I am not intentionally bashing this mod. I just have a eye for copyright and detail.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
Admin
The Doctor

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:00 am

Ok Will, here's my take on this, firstly:

How dare you come in here with practically no absolute prior knowledge of how talented our team is at both modeling and mapping!

Secondly:

How dare you come in here and begin saying that possibly one of the most talented JKA mappers DeX is stealing Casper's Atlantis map and using it in our mod, thats a wild claim, every single map for this mod is either personally made by DeX or Sheppard, and you are basically downing their work they put hours of work into to please YOU, I have no idea why your even still commenting about this mod, I personally would like to see you leave this forum and never return!

Thirdly:

I quote, "I am not intentionally bashing this mod. I just have a eye for copyright and detail.", un-quote, these sentences make no sense, you say your not 'bashing' SG EH, well what have you been doing everytime you post? You say your not doing it 'intentionally' but I can see that you are 'bashing' our mod that we have put possibly hundreds of hours of work into only to have you come and say that because you have a 'special' "eye for copywrite and detail" is a downright atrocity, you have no right to say that you can seriously spot a copywrite infringement.

Fourthly:

How exactly have you managed to compare the textures? By decompiling? You do realize that you can't actually do that without the permission of BOTH authors, and I seriously doubt that DeX would decompile Casper's Atlantis for textures, seriously, Atlantis is basically a bunch of matte colors made with a bit of sandy texture to it, comeon, any dumbass with five seconds in paint can do that.

In Conclusion:

Get the hell off our forums and don't you freaking dare talk down about our mod, this is one of the best mods released under the Stargate name, its taken hundreds of hours for us to get to the point of releasing it, I may be only the awesome-uber-graphics dude here, but I've been here since the start, I've seen the mod come together, and for you to come in here and bash out mod like this is reason enough for me to launch a large tactical nuke at your mother's very front porch where you live in her dark basement with hundreds of sci-fi collectibles on your lousy Pentium 2 PC built in the dark ages, my friend, now would be the time for you to leave...

I've made my case!

Heres this for you:

A few SGEH V1 Questions Gtfo
Back to top Go down
http://www.pwnpc.com.au
Rassilon
Rookie
Rookie
Rassilon

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:17 am

A. My mums dead so not cool.
B. I live in my own place and with the credit crunch, that might not last much longer

I wished I never typed anything now.

I apologise.

And if that isn't good enough for you. Then well, I suggest that we just stay out of each others way.

PS: You can physically see that the textures are different in-game and when you look at them inside the pk3 so decompiling isn't nessecery.

It would be unfair for me to leave for simply stating my opinion. Last time I checked, I still had the right to free speech, or in this case, free type.

Final note of this thread from me:
All the maps in this mod and the patch are awesome. I just wish I could contribute to JKA the way you all do.

pale
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:59 am

Alright guys, let's please settle down before we say anything else.
Bill, thank you for trying to assist us in the mod. We do what we can, and, sorry for the broken record, we're still pretty much just a work in progress.
Your opinions do matter here.
Back to top Go down
Rassilon
Rookie
Rookie
Rassilon

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:04 am

Cameron Mitchell wrote:
Alright guys, let's please settle down before we say anything else.
Bill, thank you for trying to assist us in the mod. We do what we can, and, sorry for the broken record, we're still pretty much just a work in progress.
Your opinions do matter here.

A friendly admin? Now I have seen everything, lol.

Thank you all for putting in the time.

I wish this and any future parts the best of luck, ratings wise.

*installs Tony Stark alarm*, lol J/K
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:15 am

Nothing is anti-Stark.. don't make me break out the nuke...
Back to top Go down
Rassilon
Rookie
Rookie
Rassilon

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 am

Tony Stark wrote:
Nothing is anti-Stark.. don't make me break out the nuke...

I see your nuke and raise you a quantum singularity.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:19 am

"DRADIS says the Baseship's nukes just went hot!"
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 am

I'll raise you a Large Hadron Collider epic fail! Ha! Beat that!
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:23 am

Ok kids it's my turn now.

Will. Apology excepted. Smile
Cam, Tony. Chill. lol
Let me me clear some things up.

1. Shep packed up the mod. I only made 1 map for SGEH V1.
That was the offworld to Atlantis.

Shep used screencaps from Caspers map and my ORIGINAL Atlantis map as
reference. Along with a few blueprints from the .map version of
Atlantis 052 which I have since I worked on it with Casper.

3. I made all the new models and textures used in the Atlantis map.

Everyone is welcome here. So please, stick around. Just next time read
up on the threads to see whats been going on so you can keep up.

*(Which That is something I also intend to fix, I'll make an Archive with all the old threads in it.)*

If you all read the FAQ's page like your SUPPOSED to. You would know
flaming like this is not alowed. I should ban most of you but I wont.
Dont let this happen again.

6. We put about 2-4 hours a night for a year or a little better. Add it up lol

We got permission to use textures/models from other mappers. And We
have permission to distibute other SG maps with our mod. I think Shep
put that in the read me. Not sure. As I said, I never packed it up so I
don't know.

On a more personal note, I find it pretty fucked
up and pathetic that the only time we have more then 1 user at a time
online is when we are bitching at each other...

Also this is offtopic...

PS. My girlfriend is sitting here and she says she loves you all.... cyclops
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/
The Doctor
Admin
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:32 am

Ask her if I pwn... Lol
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 4:34 am

She said ur the shoot, not the stinky shoot but the shoot that dont stink... the awsome stuff... yea.. and she loves u... affraid
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:11 am

Yay! My post payed off Razz
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:27 am

wow... things got out of hand >_> I Honestly don't think we ALL flamed but some of us (not naming names) was a bit heated...

I personally do enjoy hearing people's opinions on the mod and wish to keep them coming. But just remember, please respect other people's views and try to get facts as to not upset other members of the forums.

"A friendly admin? Now I have seen everything, lol."

O_O did I seem mean? If I did I am completely sorry! -_- I was just being straight forward and to the point and only stating what I knew.
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 3:53 pm

There will more then likly be a new version of SG-EH. And I'd like to see it become something as amazing as some of the other mods out there.
Ours was ok, it needs work. And we are INCREDIBLY understaffed... infact I think I'm the only one working on it in jka... Sad
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Honestly you are, Me and cam don't know how to map (dunno about Tony) so all three of us try and help where we can (Tony more on graphics cause hes awesome). If I knew how to map you would see lots of goa'uld areas ....but I lack the creativity and artistic skill needed...
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Ah... I forgot, I do need to learn to start mapping at one point. Anyway, can't wait to see the new site Dex Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few SGEH V1 Questions   A few SGEH V1 Questions Empty

Back to top Go down

A few SGEH V1 Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blue Stripe Studios :: Archives :: News!-
Jump to: