Blue Stripe Studios
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeMainSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stargate Event Horizon Release Information

Go down 
+2
Cameron Mitchell
Lt. Colonel John Sheppard
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

Number of posts : 1364
Registration date : 2008-01-09

Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:50 am

It's in the official downloads section.
Back to top Go down
http://the-new-sg1.forummotion.com
Varrok
Rookie
Rookie
Varrok

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 5:05 pm

I played it for a bit and.. atlantis is casper's map, 99%.. and the SGC I've seen before aswell.. not the best version IMHO.. also I think I saw some of wades stuff.. still the offworlds were cool, pity none of the gates are working cept for the one called lord_rive_atlantis or sth..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 117

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:31 pm

Hello

As for Atlantis it was based from the show and caspers, it is compeltely origonal to the sgeh team. Same for the SGC, as for the lord_rive_atlantis gates. I was given his gates to put in my maps as noone could actually have the decency to help us script our own gates, i thought i't would be nice to give credit to him for that in the map.

John Sheppard
Back to top Go down
Varrok
Rookie
Rookie
Varrok

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:45 pm

I really dont believe that the atlantis you guys made wasnt based on a decompile from casper's map.. not that I think it to be a problem or anything but its kind of obvious.. My advise is to use this pack as you released it as a basis to build on a great mod. It really has potential, the messhall for example shows how good you guys can actually map. Work out the details, the basic things are right, just add the right textures, lighting, shaders and coding, for example with the doors, and such. Also perhaps an idea to get the gates working and link them to offworld maps, maybe integrate one or two maps to the off-world locations like berle did in his maps.

again, a great start guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Hello

Ok thanks Varrok, i want to let you know though atlantis took me 6 months to map, it was a big project to undertake, it is quite different to caspers and much better in my opinion. Now lets talk more productively Smile Ah yeh shaders and coding are not my department, my shader/coder is busy much of the time, i dont want to preasure him as his studies are much more important than a mod for jka lol. Ah can you explain in detail how Berle did this? i havent really played his maps, i tryed the sge i think it was.. very laggy in fps so i didnt bother much with it.

John Sheppard
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

Number of posts : 1295
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Varrok wrote:
I really dont believe that the atlantis you guys made wasnt based on a decompile from casper's map.. not that I think it to be a problem or anything but its kind of obvious.. My advise is to use this pack as you released it as a basis to build on a great mod. It really has potential, the messhall for example shows how good you guys can actually map. Work out the details, the basic things are right, just add the right textures, lighting, shaders and coding, for example with the doors, and such. Also perhaps an idea to get the gates working and link them to offworld maps, maybe integrate one or two maps to the off-world locations like berle did in his maps.

again, a great start guys Smile

wow those are alot of low blows...

Quote :
I really dont believe that the atlantis you guys made wasnt based on a decompile from casper's map.. not that I think it to be a problem or anything but its kind of obvious..

ummmm...I have played casper's atlantis map... THIS is soooo not anything like it. The only thing similar is the holding cell is in the same place. Every other room is where it should be to the show. It may look familar because ITS BASED EXACTLY OFF THE TV SHOW!

Quote :
Work out the details, the basic things are right, just add the right textures, lighting, shaders and coding, for example with the doors, and such.
Add the right textures? In my opinion I think they have the perfect textures in Atlantis. You can't get much better with them. Yes I agree the lighting in some areas need work...like the wormhole.

Quote :
Also perhaps an idea to get the gates working and link them to offworld maps, maybe integrate one or two maps to the off-world locations like berle did in his maps.
who is berle? I have searched for the longest time for stargate maps and I have never once seen his gates...if your talking about the beta site map from ERP then that map lacked in creativity. Eh even changed colors on a origional MP map and added a gate... it wasn't even his own "ideas"
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:37 pm

Okay guys and gals, Atlantis was great, the office was incredible, the only downside was I got trapped in the cell, but that's just cuz I'm Cameron Mitchell Razz
The office was amazingly canon.
I talked to Amy and she said something that made a lot of sense, "it's version 1 after all," I think that's what you said in the nutshell right?
Let's all play nice, if we all pitch in, we can really make an incredible piece of Stargate stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dex
Admin
Admin
Dex

Number of posts : 827
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:52 pm

*takes bow* thank you thank you .... I made most of the Atlantis Textures lol! XD And the dinning hall thank you! lol Anyways Shep did Atlantis all him self. It is much different from Casper's and in MANY WAYS *such as fps* it is much better. and like my two we used Caspers *screenshots only* to judge how ours should look. Just to un confuse, I have an Atlantis as well, two in-fact, and parts of the first version was put into Sheps. I have just started working on a few new maps, and Shep? If I may? I'd like ot use ur SGC in my map, so I can link my MK offworld too ur sgc... plz? also once i finish up with my mk map i plan on making a peg map, using my atlantis... prehaps, a replicator world? hmmmmm????
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 10:56 pm

Sounds real cool DeX Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:27 am

Hello

I'd first like to say thank you so much for your support amy "love you!" and cam mitchell "salutes" Ah yeh sure Dex, i have a long weekend this weekend, so lets get some magic happening buddy Smile

John Sheppard
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 8:33 am

Have fun on your weekend Shep Very Happy
I'm trying to figure out milkshape, so if I do, then I'll start on buildings and weapons and such Razz
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 am

woot! I was wondering Cam why I didn't have the ARG =P can't wait to see the final product on it hehe ^_^ also I thought for the problem of the lightsabers we could always use weapon mods or make our own weapons...like a bo, sword, dual swords, the wooden things tayla uses....maybe even a staff weapon as a duel light saber. that way we could still fight back pretty hard when "wraith" (aka trouble makers) cause trouble AND still be cannon.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:48 am

I have a knife that takes the place of the saber Very Happy
Military too I think Razz
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:04 am

I think I figured something out on Steam that'll let me play JKA on my comp instead of another one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:26 am

confused...and wouldn't the knife be too short? or still same range? if so on the same range then we have single blade down...possibly duel... now all we need is staff lol....mostly cause thats the one I use...the others are too bleh...
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:34 am

I've seen an Ori staff weapon for the dual, but I can't remember where I found it, I'll look around though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:53 am

I think its on one of the stargate maps...I had that too lol and one as a gun XD
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:07 am

As a gun?! O_o
Man, I only had it as a sword, which map do you think it is?
Back to top Go down
Princess AmyRose
Official Member
Official Member
Princess AmyRose

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:21 am

no idea...because I never dled anything other then stargate maps and stuff ...oh and blades from final fantasy and Zelda....and I randomly had that staff and also had the magnet gun taken away and replaced with that staff lol. ummmmmm hmmmmmmmm I will see if it was in some mod.
Back to top Go down
Cameron Mitchell
Official Member
Official Member
Cameron Mitchell

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 9:48 am

I think there was an SG weapons mod out there, but I don't remember Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stargate Event Horizon Release Information   Stargate Event Horizon Release Information - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Stargate Event Horizon Release Information
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4